A stop to fossil fuel projects, land grabs, and non-compliant extractives and infrastructure projects which harm the environment and violate the rights of Indigenous and local communities.
- Project planning, monitoring and audit processes that fail to adequately consider community views and cause social and environmental harm are challenged.
- Climate-related litigation cases are built and taken forward.
- Environmental defenders are better protected through the African Environmental Defenders Initiative.
- The accountability and implementation of relevant environmental, land and climate laws by governments and corporations is enforced.
- Community groups and/or Community Environmental Legal Officers file complaints regarding legal violations affecting their communities.
- The impacts of extractive and infrastructure projects on community partners are stopped or mitigated.
- Land acquisitions that have failed to consider community concerns are challenged.
- A community solidarity fund and an environmental defenders fund are operationalised across the countries that Natural Justice works in.