Natural Justice seeks a full-time Financial Accountant in Cape Town who will assist the Chief Financial and Operations Officer (CFOO) with the financial management and administrative operations, including procurement, processing and recording of all financial transactions, financial reporting to donors and managing relationships with suppliers and partner organisations.
The successful candidate will report to the CFOO, be based in the Cape Town office, and will be expected to begin work as soon as possible.
What’s on offer?
Natural Justice will offer a competitive salary commensurate with skill and experience. Contract length will be two years with the possibility of an extension.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provision of effective and efficient financial and administrative support
- Manage the organisation’s cash flow and update the CFOO accordingly
- Maintain internal control system to ensure compliance with Natural Justice policies
- Assist in development of institutional and donor proposal budgets & external audits
- Prepare payments for service providers and suppliers
- Timely submission of monthly and annual financial reports; maintenance of proper books of accounts and an up-to-date register of assets as per Natural Justice policies.
- Manage payroll and tax remittance
- Ensure strict adherence and compliance to financial control systems, policies and procedures
- Draft and maintain management accounts
- Monitor budget implementation and expenditures and communicate outcomes to CFOO for decision making
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
- Perform bank and vendor reconciliations
- Work with the CFOO and other members of the finance and operations team to ensure smooth running of the organization.
- Complete any other duties that may be related to the organisation’s overall mandate
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (BCom)
- Qualified accountant with at least five years’ experience in financial accounting and reporting
- Membership of Professional Accounting Body will be an added advantage.
- 3-year Accounting degree or 4-year accounting diploma 5 to 8 years’ accounting and reporting experience
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in multi-donor financial accounting and management
- Excellent IT skills, especially use of Excel and other accounting packages
- Proactive approach to work and good self-motivation
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to deal with people from different cultures
- Ability to deal authoritatively with a range of partners and contractors
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing demands and circumstances
Deadline: 17 February 2021
Please email your application to Applications@naturaljustice.org with “Application for Financial Accountant Position” in the subject line.
Include a motivation letter that indicates why you feel you are the best candidate for this position and a detailed CV with three references. Please ensure that your application as a whole speaks to the required skills, experience, traits and attributes listed above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Best of luck!