Natural Justice and the Indigenous Information Network invites you to join the pre-COP26 African People’s Counter COP session, “Activism, ancient wisdom and alternatives: Defending and advancing indigenous and feminist ecological alternatives“. This session will bring together indigenous peoples, defenders, feminist ecologists and economists from Africa and the Global South to share strategies for reimagining a future that guarantees human rights, gender justice and restores harmony with nature. REGISTER HERE: https://bit.ly/3DTSPkl
Join us to collectively reimagine an alternative world that revalorises and strengthens the knowledge, wisdom and practices of indigenous peoples and south feminists.
Our amazing speakers include:
- Vicky Tauli-Corpuz, former United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Nonhle Buthuma, Amadiba Crisis Committee
- Ina-Maria Shikongo, Climate Activist #SaveTheOkavangoDelta
- Rosalie Oba, Nous Sommes la Solution (NSS, We are the Solution)
- Bhumika Muchhala, Third World Network
- Tara Houska, Giniw Collective #StopLine3
Looking forward to seeing you there!